Club Competitions 2017
|14 Feb||21 Feb||Open|
|11 Apr||18 Apr||Action|
|9 May||16 May||Open|
|6 Jun||13 Jun||Character Portraiture|
|11 Jul||18 Jul||Open|
|8 Aug||15 Aug||Hyper Stereo|
|12 Sep||19 Sep||Cars|
|17 Oct||24 Oct||Audio Visual (to be judged by club members)|
|21 Nov||Image of the Year (to be judged by club members)|
All Competitions in 2016 will be in 2×1920×1080 format.
Narrower images can be
black-banded to fit the required format.
Images can be of any dimension or shape with black-bands or borders as long as the overall format is complied with.
Award winning images from earlier years cannot be entered in monthly Open and set subject competitions. Award winners from the October Audio Visual competition will NOT be included in the point score competition. However, a separate prize will be awarded for this competition.
- Any subject.
- A picture depicting a person or people doing something in a non-leisurely manner, e.g. sport, an emergency, at play, or at work.
- Character Portraiture
- Capturing character through a portrait in an attempt to capture the essence of the person or persons being photographed.
- Hyper Stereo
- A stereo image which uses a larger than normal stereo base (the distance between left and right lenses). A normal image separation is about 65 mm. Usually obtained by using two cameras separated by a greater than normal distance, or by using a single camera and taking a cha-cha.
- A photograph of a vintage or interesting car or truck. The photograph can be of a whole vehicle or a detail.
- Audio Visual
- Any subject matter is allowed—format 2×1920×1080—maximum time 5 minutes. The author's name is not to be included in any titles that you may use. Any music used is to be royalty free. The audio visual can be either a video or an exe file.
- Image of the Year
- Voted best of the year's competitions.